Thursday, February 18, 2010

"AC"ed DC

Washington is cold,
Imagine living in a
refrigerator.

Haikus are awesome...
sometimes they are confusing.
Help find my lost sock.

I will write this post
entirely in haiku.
So what do you think?
yes...that's what I thought.

All right, so according to the Enterprise, I am not allowed to write the whole post in haiku...  fine :P

“You’re an archivist . . . ? 
Oh yeah, I know what those are— 
National Treasure!” 

^haha...thanks. Well yes, archivists were shown in national Treasure but we do NOT normally (more like, EVER) do anything like what was done in National Treasure. 

"Organized Chaos. 
We guard Past for Future’s sake. 
Our sleeves, tinged with dust. "
Brittany Parris


Whether it be papers, photos, books, video clips, or artifacts, archivists organize it all for researchers or exhibits. I am working with Navy Deck Logs from World War 2 - pretty fun! Ok, that was a lie. It's not THAT fun. 
My first day of work was Tuesday, the first normal day in the Federal Government after Snowpocalypse.  Apparently, you need a badge to get IN and OUT...and I didn't have a badge...Ooooh boy. Luckilly, the front desk called my boss and she came down and got me :) haha. I'm looking forward to this semester! After a few weeks on the Deck Log project, they're going to move me on to a project of my own! Pretty. darn. exciting!!

Speaking of exciting:



YEEEAAHHH!!!!!!!!
Last night's Olympic competitions were the best yet!!! Men's Snowboarding Halfpipe!!! YEEAAHH!!
As usual, Shaun White was amazing. Pulling off an amazing 46.8 points out of 50 in his first qualifying round, and eventually won gold with the freaking amazing score of 48.4!!! 
YESS!!!! GO SHAUN WHITE!!!!!
Of course, I never doubted him for a second :) Out of all of the athletes, he's my favorite :)
. . . 
AND AS I WAS WRITING IN THIS BLOG, EVAN LYSACEK WINS THE GOLD IN MEN'S FIGURE SKATING!!!! THIS ENDS THE WORLD CHAMPION V. OLYMPIC CHAMPION CURSE & THE USA'S 22 YEAR MEN'S SKATING GOLD MEDAL DROUGHT!!!!


best.
night.
ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment