Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back to the Grind!

Speaking of grind...I need to remind myself to get more coffee beans. haha :)

Well, Winter Break has been officially over for Coe, BUT not for me! HA! In two weeks, I am going to be flying out to Washington, DC for the semester to participate in the DC Term. The DC Term is a study abroad program that Coe participates in. However, instead of taking multiple classes, you have an internship at the place of your choice (providing you're accepted). In the past, there have been students interning at State Representative offices, Embassies, etc.
My internship is at the National Archives facility in College Park, MD, where I'll get to archive documents & research materials for the research room. Wait, there are TWO National Archive buildings, you ask? Well, yes! The facility in downtown DC is their most well known one, however the facility further north, in College Park is where most of the offices and stacks (storage areas for books/documents/ etc) are. :D

So, AWAY with homework and classes, dorm rooms and cars! Washington DC is where MY brain and I are!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment