Friday, December 4, 2009

Why did the boy throw the clock out of the window?

TO SEE TIME FLY!!! haha

Well I've certainly seen that happen here at Coe this semester!! It's been my busiest semester yet, and everything came to a screeching halt in November!

So, here's what's been going on since my last post on the 5th of November.
Drumline has beaten its last drum until next fall. (so sad :( and yet, I am somehow thankful the season is over...I feel like a traitor). The Kohawk's last in season game was awesome!!! ...and so COLD!! However, the exciting game made up for the unexciting weather :)




Charlie helped the drumline out a bit :) haha



The final score!!!! YEEEAAH!!!

There was Coe's production of She Would if She Could, which was awesome! There was also Melissa TouVelle's senior Directing II project, "The American Century: A Joke in One Act," by Murphy Guyer, which I was in. The play was awesome :) The American Century is a one act play running about 45 minutes, and revolves around a life changing 45 minutes for three characters: Tom, an American GI just returning home after four years fighting in Europe, Margaret, the picture of the stereotypical 1940s housewife, and a stranger, Tommy, who turns out to be Tom and Margaret's son who's come from the future.
I know that sounds crazy, but the play is extremely interesting! If you can, pick up a copy from the library or bookstore. It's a fast read, and engaging all the way through.

Then, like water for a thirsty man, THANKSGIVING BREAK!! Yeeeeeah!! However, it flew by too fast :( My family started a new tradition this year: Plaza light testing at 2 am!! w00t!! Crazy, you say? NO! says I! So here's why this is awesome. Every year, the Plaza, a really ritzy shopping district of Kansas City, has this amazing Christmas light show the day after Thanksgiving. Everyone goes to watch these thousands of lights get switched on and it's a huge deal, however, everyone and their mother's brother is there, so it's always jam packed. This year, my mom found out that the tuesday before Thanksgiving, 2 am on the dot, the technicians in charge of the lights turn them all on so they can check all of the bulbs! It's essentially the same thing as the actual ceremony minus the humongous crowd of people and music.

My computer is not allowing me to upload any pics right now, unfortunately. However, my next post, I promise, shall be filled with pictures (both of the play and Thanksgiving).

Happy December! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment